All children follow the National Curriculum in Key Stages 1 and 2.
All teaching is structured to maximise learning opportunities and lessons are planned in accordance with the following principles:
- The teaching will build on previous learning;
- It will give pupils the “big picture” of the lesson and ensure they understand why the lesson is important;
- The teacher will share the learning objectives and children should help determine success criteria for the lesson;
- Lessons will be presented in a range of styles
- Lessons will allow opportunities for the pupils to build up their understanding through various activities and opportunities to talk about their learning with their peers;
- Teaching will afford children opportunities to review what has been learned.
- Teaching will indicate what the next steps in learning will be.
Take a look at our class pages (see pink tab at the top of this page) to find out about the learning this year.