We currently 'share' a Parent Support Advisor with other local local primary schools.
You can find out more about the work of the parent support advisor and how you can access by clicking in the link below.
Here are some of the examples of the work they do:.
- Coffee drop in events.
- Support for parents of children who are having trouble controlling intense emotions.
- Support and advice for families dealing with bereavement, relationship breakdowns or other difficulties.
- Work with other agencies in the area to provide a network of support for families.
- Regular parenting groups – groups and advertise these through your school.
- Helping families and children cope with change and each other at times!
- Supporting parents to further their development – pointing out other sources of support and guidance.
- Help with matters affecting a child’s attendance at school.