A fabulous night was had by all on Tuesday 14th July 2015, when Sutton CP staged its first ‘Sports Personality of the Year’; a night to celebrate children’s sporting achievements. The evening was hosted by Laura and Emma from Y6. All the medals and trophies were presented by Jeremy Crowther and Sean Kelly from Keighley Cougars, who gave an inspirational speech about sporting commitment.
The successful event had 6 award categories:
- Alexandra won the Outstanding Achievement Award with Ellie Kate taking 2nd and Connor in 3rd.
- Ellie Kate won the Sports Personality Award withJack taking 2nd and Erin in 3rd.
- George won the Most Impressive Sports Leader Award with Emily and Nathan taking joint 2nd.
- Jimmy received the Mr Doey Award for his continued devotion to all sport at Sutton CP.
- Jack was presented with the Life Long Contribution to Sport award for his commitment and success in Karate.
- Lottie and George contributions in the Craven Swimming Gala, representing our cluster, along with Charlie, Jack, Shirley and Holly’s success at reaching the regional final in cross country were also celebrated.
The final thought of the evening was:
If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don’t,
If you like to win, but think you can’t,
It’s almost certain you won’t.
Life’s battles, don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the one WHO THINKS THEY CAN.
Special thanks to Miss Baldwin and Mr. Doey for organizing the evening and all the parents and families who attended the event and for continuing to support the young and talented, ‘Sports Personalities’ of Sutton CP.