Our school is a place ‘where learners grow.’ A kind community where the worth of everyone is nurtured and celebrated. We are rooted in a love of learning and building the confidence and courage to be ourselves. Together we flourish to be the best that we can be.
Each year we use a range of sources to set priorities for the upcoming year. We explain to children that our aspiration for them is to bloom where they have been planted here at Sutton CP.
Your child may already be able to tell you what some of these are have used assemblies to help them understand how we all work together to enable them to flourish (just like the sunflowers in Mrs B's garden!) We have set the following as aspirations for the end of 2021/22
- To reunite the school community by re-establishing events, routines and expectations in line with our school vision for all members of our community.
- To implement our bespoke knowledge based curriculum and evaluate its efficacy
- Reading Developing a sequential approach to the teaching of reading
- Writing Consistently improving the accuracy of SPAG within all writing across the school
- To close gaps in mathematical knowledge which have arisen as a result of teaching time lost during national lockdowns
- For all approaches in school to develop consistently good learning behaviours within the whole school community.
Additional areas of continuing development
- Mental health – including developing resilience passports
- GDS - pushing HA
- Writing - extended writing
- Oracy skills and vocabulary development
- PE, sports and active learning
- Science partnership
- MAD – music, arts and drama
- Secure assessment (post COVID)