When is this open? We are currently open from 9.00am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
- From wb beginning 8 June 2020 our Essential Childcare will not be open on Friday afternoons.This is to enable a deep clean of school to take place following the wider reopening of school. Analysis of our records have told us that this is the best time to close as we have had a very small number of children attending.
- From Wednesday 10th June our Essential childcare is changing to offer this service to vulnerable children and children of key workers in the following year groups: Y2, Y3, Y4,Y5 & Y6
- YR and Y1 will be reopening for pupils. If your child will be attending YR and Y1 please ensure that you have contacted school to let us know.
Since 23 March, in line with the scientific advice, nurseries, schools and colleges have remained open only to a priority group of children and young people, children who have a parent who is a critical worker and vulnerable children.
Now that we have made progress in reducing the transmission of coronavirus we are encouraging all eligible children to attend settings (where there are no shielding concerns for the child or their household), even if parents are able to keep their children at home.
From the week commencing 1 June, we are also asking primary schools to welcome back all children in nursery, reception, year 1 and year 6, alongside priority groups. From 15 June, we are asking secondary schools, sixth-form colleges and further education colleges to offer some face-to-face support for year 10 and year 12, and 16-19 learners in the first year of their course who are due to take key exams next year, alongside priority groups. We are also asking nurseries and other early years providers, including childminders, to begin welcoming back children of all ages from 1 June. Alternative provision settings should mirror the approach being taken for mainstream schools and, from 15 June, offer some face-to-face support for years 10 and 11 students (as they have no year 12). We are asking special schools, special post-16 institutions and hospital schools to follow an equivalent phased return without a focus on specific year groups.
Children of critical workers, and vulnerable children who are already eligible, will continue to be offered a place, regardless of the year group they are in.
The definition of critical workers remains unchanged.
Our ambition is to bring all primary year groups back to school before the summer holidays, for a month if feasible, though this will be kept under review. Schools will only welcome back additional year groups if the most up-to-date assessment of the risk posed by the virus indicates it is appropriate to have larger numbers of children within schools. The safety of children and staff is our utmost priority.
Any setting that cannot achieve these increases at any point because:
- there are not enough classrooms or spaces available in the setting
- they do not have enough available teachers or staff to supervise the groups
have flexibility but must first focus on continuing to provide places for priority groups (vulnerable children and the children of critical workers).
Essential Childcare @ Sutton CP
Three different options are available; a morning, an afternoon and a whole day session. Please only book what you need.
Who is this for?
- Children of identified Critical Care Workers . If you think you fall within the critical categories below you should confirm with your employer that, based on their business continuity arrangements, your specific role is necessary for the continuation of this essential public service and that you can not carry out this task at home. You will be asked for proof of this by school.
- Vulnerable children including children who are supported by social care, those with safeguarding and welfare needs, including child in need plans, on child protection plans, ‘looked after’ children, young carers, disabled children and those with education, health and care (EHC) plans.
Who will staff the Essential Childcare?
- It will be staffed by our own Teachers and TAs
- Teachers will also be providing online learning activities for all children to access
How do I book?
- We have adapted our established our online booking system on our school website. This is accessible through the Activities section of the school website. If you already have a user account you do not need to re register. Information of how to register for new users is attached at the bottom of this page. Please read this guidance carefully.
- Bookings will close 24 hours before sessions open – this enables us to put staffing in place
- If your shift pattern changes unexpectedly please contact school – we will do our best to help you if we can.
How much does it cost?
- There is no cost for this Essential Childcare
- If you’d like to bring a food donation for distribution to vulnerable people in our village that would be lovely
What will the children be doing?
- Children will follow the same online learning provided to children at home.
- This is Essential Childcare and not educational provision. There is no educational advantage to attending the Essential Childcare.
Should my child wear school uniform?
- Yes please – for all sorts of really good reasons!
- Please bring or wear trainers.
What about lunchtimes?
- A reduced menu is offered at this time by Dolce through usual ordering process on School Grid
- from 10th June children in YR and Y1 will be able to order a free school meal in the usual way.
- Your child can bring their own packed lunch
Where should I drop off and pick up my child?
- Up to 8th June from the steps by the main entrance.
- From 8th June onwards you will have been notified where to drop off and pick up your child
If you wish to contact school use the usual admin email address, fill out a contact form on this website or phone and leave a message and we will get back to you.
Thank you for your support, our school staff sends your family our love