Whilst Harvest Festival looked very different this year our commitment to supporting others hasn't changed.
This year we were unable to meet as a school family for our traditional Harvest Festival.
We believe it is always important, even in time of crisis, to teach our children to be thankful. This year we supported our children to express thanks to our local NHS Hospital. Many of our families have strong connections to Airedale hospital. We have family members who work there, or have been patients there and lots of our children were born there!
Inspired to Walk - Harvest 2020!
During the Week Beginning 2nd November
- Children were taught about local hero Sir Tom Moore—who walked to raise money for the NHS.
- Inspired by his story walked we walked 1000 laps of Sutton Park. (We reckon if every child walks 5 laps of the park over the week that will more than cover it)
- Children each made a beautiful individual and hand designed ‘Thank You’ card to be distributed amongst the staff at Airedale
- Parents and School made a donation of £150 towards a Airedale Staff Wellbeing gift identified by the hospital.
- Rev Rob led a virtual Harvest Festival for us to share together - whilst we are apart.Thank you for helping our children to say Thank you!